Summertime… and the living is easy…
Need some summer-ific ideas for your date? How about these:
- It’s all in the flick of the wrist. Demonstrate your Frisbee skills while you take in the fresh air.
- Grab some bleacher seats and kick back with your new love while you take in a professional baseball game. Hotdogs never tasted better than at the ballpark.
Church Picnics and Outdoor Festivals
- Many religious facilities have carnivals in summer. Grab a burger, play bingo, and go for a ride on the Ferris wheel. Win your date a stuffed animal at the game center.
- You don’t have to be a kid to enjoy a water slide and a lazy river. Besides that, your date gets to check out that new swimsuit you just bought. Just be sure to wear sunscreen.
- Many eateries move some tables outside during the warmer months. People watching is always better outside. Take in the summer air while you dine.
- Nothing is as romantic as a night under the stars. Make some smores for breakfast and hike all afternoon.
- Many cities have outdoor music after work on weeknights. Pack a picnic lunch and some wine, and your romantic evening begins.
- Let the words of Shakespeare wow your date while you snuggle beneath the stars.
Go Fly a Kite
- Engage in comfortable conversation while you both watch a kite float effortlessly on a string.
Visit the Zoo
- Walk hand in hand while you view the animals in their natural setting. Many zoos also have special events during the summer, such as benefit walks and “taste of” days.
Hit the Beach
- Summer plus sand plus water equals fun. Enough said.
- Athletic activities often help bond a couple together quicker. View the local trails and take in nature while you get your heart rate up.
Historic Tour Around Town
- Many historical societies offer walking and bus tours during the summer. If you’re both from the same town, take a tour and you’ll have that much more to talk about after.
- Forget the classic sandwich outing! You can make this date as casual or elegant as you want. Use cloth napkins, real silverware, and European foods, then choose a spot with a great view and lots of privacy.
- Not every summer activity needs to be outside. The biggest blockbusters are often slated for summer release. Give your date a break from the hot air and enjoy the air-conditioned theater while you enjoy the show.
- Grab a day cruise and you’ll be able to see your town in an entirely new way. There’s something about being out on the water that will make you and your date feel like you’re a world away – the perfect atmosphere for getting to know each other.
- Eat some cream puffs, watch a pig race, and shop the gift bazaars while you walk hand-in-hand with your mate.
- Is there anything better than a flea market? No matter your preference, you and your date will have lots to talk about as you peruse the abundance of antiques and collectibles.